I am thinking about adding a new addition to the stable (53 1 ton dump, 52 coupe). The only thing holding me back right now is the color and I know that is silly, but the cost of painting it will put me more into it than I would feel comfy. The man in possession of this truck says its a 39 one ton, but it has 10 lugs rear and 5 front and some giant front fenders making me think 1 1/2 ton.
Everything has been done on this truck and the man that paid to have it done paid dearly. The man in possession is just a middle man and a close friend, so I will be getting it priced right.
It has a 2 speed rear end, any idea what gears? 8.?? and 6.?? sound right? How exactly do I shift it. I know it has a lever in the cab, but do I double clutch it say in third?
It has been "hotrodded" with authentic stuff. 2 rochesters on an offy, fenton headers, exhaust is above the cab on some side pipes. 12 volt generator, late model 235. That's fine with me, but more stuff to break as far as I am concerned. I would have been happy with late model 235, 1 carb and factory cast iron manifold.
Any other things I should look for?
Thanks,
Chris