| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,094 Posts1,056,483 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 363 Member | | Member Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 363 | I'm trying not to show too much interest, pulling the VIN or snapping pictures would show a lot of interest, I have crawled it from front to rear and I like it regardless of true size.
Whoever did the rodstoration went through a lot of trouble and money. The exhaust pipes still smell like new when you fire it up and this truck was finished over a decade ago. I would be embarassed to have the kind of money spent on this truck in my 1 ton. I can buy it for about a third of the receipts. It is not a truck for purists by any means, its just cool.
The paint job is an 80s or early 90s decent quality single stage paint job. I will just have to live with red, cause it was done interior and exterior. Maybe black or grey on the outside would look okay with the red and black interior.
It was a 216 truck that has had a late 235 transplanted in it, I sure wish I still had that 261 I let go about 5 years ago.
When did hydrovac start? The brake setup on this thing scares me. Pedal setup is overly complicated.
I have fired it up and putted around the yard but not driven it as the brake cylinders need to be gone through (sat over 10 years). Am I correct in that these have 6 expensive wheel cylinders?
What is the correct 2 speed rear end shift method for the early 2 speeds?
Chris | | | |
Entire Thread
|
Maybe new addition, a few questions
| 4.3in84toy | 06/02/2005 2:36 AM |
Re: Maybe new addition, a few questions
| Fumblin46 | 06/02/2005 3:34 AM |
Re: Maybe new addition, a few questions
| 4.3in84toy | 06/02/2005 2:06 PM |
Re: Maybe new addition, a few questions
| spanky | 06/02/2005 4:05 PM |
Re: Maybe new addition, a few questions
| Fumblin46 | 06/02/2005 4:40 PM |
Re: Maybe new addition, a few questions
| 4.3in84toy | 06/02/2005 4:49 PM |
Re: Maybe new addition, a few questions
| Fumblin46 | 06/02/2005 6:25 PM |
Re: Maybe new addition, a few questions
| 4.3in84toy | 06/02/2005 7:22 PM |
Re: Maybe new addition, a few questions
| spanky | 06/02/2005 9:27 PM |
Re: Maybe new addition, a few questions
| Fumblin46 | 06/02/2005 10:21 PM |
Re: Maybe new addition, a few questions
| 4.3in84toy | 06/03/2005 1:28 AM |
Re: Maybe new addition, a few questions
| Fumblin46 | 06/03/2005 5:47 AM |
Re: Maybe new addition, a few questions
| 4.3in84toy | 06/03/2005 1:57 PM |
Re: Maybe new addition, a few questions
| Fumblin46 | 06/03/2005 2:49 PM |
Re: Maybe new addition, a few questions
| speed 6351 | 06/04/2005 9:56 AM |
Re: Maybe new addition, a few questions
| 4.3in84toy | 06/08/2005 3:03 AM | |
| |
| |