As Tuts59 mentioned, I'm currently in the process of putting a 396 BBC in my 40 1/2ton. I wanted to keep the factory steering box, front axle and as much of the original firewall as possible...it's still a farm truck after all

Was forced into making two " clearance pockets" on each side of the firewall to clear the valve covers (I'm running tall VC's to clear my roller rockers) and that's really the only modification that was required to the body.

I'm also running patriot fender well headers designed for a 55-57 Chevy sedan as there is no room between the frame, engine and steering box on the drivers side. I do have to clearance the inner fender lip slightly as the passenger side header is rubbing...but that's on me for not dropping the motor mount another half inch or so.

As for motor mounts, I went with Chassis Engineering Engine Motor Mount Kit for 1940-54 SBC Chevy Truck CP-1160. I didn't get the bolt in ones though, ended up using the one's for a mustang 2 based suspension and modifying those to work with steel plates that are welded and bolted to the frame.

All in all it's gone together pretty well

I have a few pics and some explanations about what I was thinking in the build thread.

https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/1420132/1.html

If you have anymore questions , let me know and I'll try to assist if I can.

Cheers

Last edited by 32vsnake; 10/27/2021 2:54 AM.

1940 1/2-ton
Low skill and low buck build
Follow in the Project Journals
In the dark of night, she's a looker.