He's already talking about fuel injection, it doesn't even have brakes yet! I reined him in a little for now, he needs to figure out what front clip is actually under the truck so we can find parts. He is fine with just making it safe at the moment, brakes, steering and suspension are the priorities. I'm sure it will get completely out of hand before long.
Building my 59' has taught me many lessons, most the hard way. I should have never disassembled the truck, should have tackled one project at a time with and end goal in mind. My BIL (David) has never kept a project for very long, he goes from one to another leaving a lot undone. The Big Block F@&d is just the latest, it was just painted and doesn't have the drivetrain completed and he is already wanting to sell it. Time will tell.
We have to keep people like him around to sell partially completed projects to the restof us cheap.