Back to the question about running radials on sectional wheels- - - -I ran a late 1980's Ford 350 flatbed with a late 1960's Chevy rear axle under it- - - -my doofus nephew thought that running the original rear end with a leaky pinion seal and not checking the lube was a good idea! WRONG! The Chevy 1-ton back behind the barn made a good donor. One little problem- - - -those big brake drums kept the Ford 16" drop center tubeless wheels from fitting, so I had to run tube type wheels with removable bead rings as inside duals. Other than a few flats caused by nails and such, the tubes and flaps inside the radial tires gave no problems. I did use radial-rated tubes, however.
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!