I drive my 1-ton pickup 100's of miles a year (not thousands wink ) on bias plys. Given a choice, I would naturally prefer radials (who wouldn't?) but so far, I have no complaint with my bias ply 17's. And with my 261 and 4.10 gearing, I am comfortable running 65-70 MPH all day long.

In my experience, radials are preferred, but bias plays get the job done, too, if you know how to drive a truck ... smile

If you only are familiar with little euro/asian car sedans with 4-wheel disc brakes and automatic transmissions, then by all means, stick to the radials.

nanner


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)