It's almost healed up now. Kept it neosporined-up with a splint taped around it for a week or two. The bad part is that was from the 2nd time the beater bounced off the drift pin. 4# sledge ricocheted directly at the side of my thumb knuckle. Second time, a couple of days later the first hit was healing nicely, then the blow lengthened it 1/4", opened it up wide and then split it off to the side, too. Man, I was mad at myself! In the Ironworkers, we use bull pins with large heads, but we also have 'hell dogs', which are basically a pin with a 2' x 1/2" round stock rod welded perpendicular for a handle . But once a bull pin or barrel pin is started, you let go and just wallop the daylight out of it. But that's ironwork, this is not. I was getting in too big of a hurry, and a little bit mad that the king pin wasn't moving any faster. It'll be another 10 years before I do it again, though. Next time, I'll have my wife hold it. smile

??? We can't say that? What if I was talking about 'heaven and hell'? headscratch

Last edited by showme; 08/28/2021 8:40 PM.

"When I rest, I rust"
1951 3100 5 window w/ '56 235