| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,088 Posts1,056,348 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 152 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 152 | 57 Chevy 3800 1 ton 235 eng. Has gauge won’t return to E unless I ground out the sending wire at tank I’ve tested for ground at tank and sending unit all good I test new sending unit out of tank and it runs through 0 ohm to 32 ohms installed it’s reading 9.9 ohms which is about 1/3 of tank or about 6 gal. of gas which is correct and the gauge pegs between 1/4 and 1/2 but closer to half which I think is correct with key off or on Parts installed came from classic parts Fuel gauge 55-59 Chevy truck part # 24-721 Sending unit part # 23-525
I know some gauges didn’t go to E with key off but don’t know about this one, new out of box it pegged between 1/2 and 3/4 and didn’t move if tilted anyway I’m missing something but don’t know what please advise | | |
| |
| |