| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,087 Posts1,056,344 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 152 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 152 | You're right...some gauges don't go to E with the key off. Generally speaking those are the gauges like the one in your 57 (which sits horizontal). I'm working from memory (and it has been a while), but I believe it is perfectly normal for your gauge to stop where it was when the ignition was turned off. So I decided to drive and add some gas to see if anything changes and so I added 5.5 gal and the gauge moved half between 1/2 & 3/4 which by all calculations is about correct. But when the key is in off position it holds where it is now. So I have to believe that on this truck the gauge holds to what’s in the tank and doesn’t return to empty. So for now on to the next item on the list | | |
| |
| |