As threads often evolve and progress, more information comes out, enabling a better view of the big picture.
What stands out to me at present time is that the OP is getting frustrated with a couple of things.
1) He can't find anyone in his neck of the woods who is willing/able to set this pump up correctly.
2) He doesn't have supreme confidence in his ability to correct the issue.
So how can we help him with these 2 items?
If I wasn't 1400 miles away, I'd stop by and show him how to fix this.
Lacking that, all I can do is try to encourage him to dig in and try to do it himself. If he makes it worse, he can reverse course and make it right.
No one is born with all of the knowledge required to fix a sandwich. We all figure it out over time. A guy just needs to be willing to get some mayonnaise and mustard on you.