Originally Posted by 52Carl
I am pretty tolerant of mods in hotrods, restomods, and straight up restorations, but one of my pet peeves are misaligned belts/pulleys.
It screams to me that the builder has not yet reached the pinnacle of what I consider to be 'The Man'.
I don't care if everything else is amazing. It just bugs me to the point that I cannot enjoy everything else the guy has accomplished with the build.
I know that this is coming off as tough love, but just fix it and we can hug later. smile

Thats what I am wondering. Reputable engine company, (Advanced Engine Concepts Green Lake Wi)but issue after issue that I have had to fix. Thermostat housing leak,
water pump failure 3x`s. Oil filer tube leaked . Engine smokes and burns a quart every 60 miles. Bad gas mileage . Leaks
oil from underneath (bell housing or somewhere low). Too short of a bolt to hold the alt to bracket. Allen screws that hold bracket on
snapped inside. I don`t really understand . They are supposed to be good. I am taking it to a GM dealer
who works on older cars. They had a 34 in recently. Maybe they can shed some light.
I just want to be able to move past the engine on this restoration but am having to come back to it .
I have communicated with them about this but I cannot make them work.


~ BD.
"You won't find me in an old folks home" Pioneer Florida Cracker
1958 Apache Stepside
1958 Apache 1/2 ton Panel
1959 Apache 1/2 ton Panel