Forty 9- yep, that's what it is. As soon as I linked the page that I bought it on, I found the black and red wires were for bright and dim. Guessing it's for tail and brake lights, so I'm going to hook it up to the bright. I am just having one hell of a time here. I've been out there all afternoon trying all possible configurations. ALL of them that work at all give me the light when I turn on the ignition switch (powering off the keyed hot post), then it shuts out when the lever is activated. Exactly opposite of what I'm looking for. But when I reverse them I get nothing, whether it's switching the wires at the switch, the ground/hot points or the light wires. I've worked with electricity all my life, but it still confuses me. I'm wondering if the switch is faulty or reversed.