I've got a 2005 Polaris Ranger 500 4x4, which is infamous for the parking brake being ruined by leaving it on and driving on it. Bought mine 2 years ago and it didn't have an emergency brake when I got it. Just put new brakes pads, e brake pads and a new e brake cable on it so it's good to go. But we use it on our 43 acres of hills here in southeast Missouri, and I'd like it to keep working, so here's my solution and my question. I decided to install a parking brake indicator light, and to actuate it, the best idea I could come up with is the same switch that's in my '51 3100, with the steel arm that's activated by the brake pedal. I reasoned that if I could wire it up to the key switch, then whenever I turn it on, if the brake is on, the dash light will come on and let me know to take the brake off. So I bought the switch and an indicator light to mount in the dash. Problem (for me) is the light came with 3 wires, not two (red, white and black).
Does anyone here know if there is a color pattern for indicator light wires such as this? I'd be happy to post pics, but Picturetrail, my old way to post pics, closed it's doors not long ago. The seller I bought it from is an actual retail shop, but, of course, they're only there Monday-Friday, and I'm doing the job today. Here's a link to the light I bought.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/123275988128 and of course, this is the switch
https://www.classicparts.com/1936-54-Stoplamp-Switch/productinfo/53-011/Before I start shorting things and ruining new parts, I just need to know either which wires are for what, or how to figure out what wire's what. I'm assuming there's hot, neutral and ground, but it's a dual purpose light, so I may be wrong. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Lee