| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,180 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2007 Posts: 140 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2007 Posts: 140 | Thanks for the speedy and complete answers. I like it.
OK THIS IS REAL REAL REAL IMPORTANT>>>>>>>>>>> 1. You say you have a 6V battery but truck was converted to 12V. What does that mean? You converted the conversion back to 6V? Why? Please Explain in detail what you did and your purpose. Yes, I converted back because I wanted it original. So, it’s now 6V battery, starter, IGNITION coil, gauges, bulbs, etc. I added a 6V generator. It already had the 6V flywheel and I kept the correct 6V starter gear. 2. Do you just have one ignition coil? 6V? Yes, yes. 3. Do you have a ballast resistor wired in still? No.
Negative cable to "transmission cover". Explain. Bell housing bolt? Nice clean bare metal? I put it back in the place it was when I bought it. It’s a vertical bolt that holds the cover on top of the SM420 tranny. The cover was covered in paint so I spent some time today taking it down to bare metal. Interestingly, it seemed to have no effect which kind of makes me wonder if there isn’t paint on another set of faces somewhere that keeping me from getting ground back to the starter? Several weeks ago, I took the paint off the starter mounting face and the corresponding bell housing area. I’ll get some pics tomorrow of, along with others you asked for! Thanks for the help!
Any chance to get good clear well lit pics of all wiring? I.E. starter, coils, ballast (if in place), showing where each wire goes.
I will advise how to fix all this after all the above questions are answered. | | |
| |
| |