Thanks for the speedy and complete answers. I like it.

OK THIS IS REAL REAL REAL IMPORTANT>>>>>>>>>>>
1. You say you have a 6V battery but truck was converted to 12V. What does that mean? You converted the conversion back to 6V? Why? Please Explain in detail what you did and your purpose.
2. Do you just have one ignition coil? 6V?
3. Do you have a ballast resistor wired in still?

Negative cable to "transmission cover". Explain. Bell housing bolt? Nice clean bare metal?

Any chance to get good clear well lit pics of all wiring? I.E. starter, coils, ballast (if in place), showing where each wire goes.

I will advise how to fix all this after all the above questions are answered.

Last edited by bartamos; 06/26/2021 11:10 PM. Reason: Trying to fix my confusion

Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn