Was able to stop by the garage this afternoon on my way home from the dentist ... Met up with Hambone. Anyway ...

There was no way to save the front half of the headliner. Turns out that it *was* a mouse nest. A big one. Recent, too. But enough that it caused the stain in the headliner and fresh rust on the inside windshield frame. Anyway, with Hambone's assistance, it headliner came out in pieces and I was about to hit the rust with a wire brush and spray the whole thing with rust converter. I think we caught it before things got too far. The headliner was original and and this was the first time the inside of the cab roof has seen daylight since August, 1949.

I saved the visor, though.
Attachments
20210511_182932.jpg (201.32 KB, 187 downloads)
20210511_183029.jpg (163 KB, 191 downloads)
20210511_183509.jpg (175.45 KB, 182 downloads)


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)