Charlie's headliner (at least the front half) has not been touched since it was installed on the assembly line. I had to remove the back part to install the seatbelt kit ... and it went very well -- I was able to remove it and reinstall it without damaging it.

Back to the front ... Because this is the later '49 and does not have the removable center retainer, will I be able to just gently push it out and remove it after I remove the inner windshield frames?

Something is going on behind it that is causing a rust spot on the windshield frame and I suspect a mouse nest. I want to save the headliner if I can because it's original and its in good shape, other than this rust issue /soft spot.

Thanks,
John


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)