I really like the check plate used for the inside of the door. Is that aluminum, steel, stainless or chromed? How thick is the panel?
How has it worked out for you for driving comfort? Would you suggest an arm-rest or does the present handle work out Ok for longer distance driving?
I am fixing my 52 GMC 1 ton dump pickup and the "pressed paper" door panels are missing. I plan to use the truck as intended, not a show project.
James S
James, the aluminum plate is pretty thin, like around 3/32 thick. Very easy to work with. Home Depot sells it. I use the window opening for an armrest, the handle is just to pull the door shut without using the handles. I used the same mounting so if you have armrests they would work in the same place.
My truck is a working truck as well, but I'm making it nicer as I go along.
[img]
https://media.fotki.com/2v2HFwYQrx3UmAP.jpg[/img]