This is an important subject to me so please permit me to blabber a bit.
As was said in the beginning of this post, the owner installed a Spectra tank. It is made (in Canada) to the original 50's Chevrolet material and specifications. (I clipped this off the net) " Shelf life of ethanol-blended fuel is only 90-100 days since the blend was mixed". Mixing or adding ethanol to 100% gasoline is done at the major US fuel terminals. From there it is distributed to various places and then taken to your local gas station. **Hopefully** the gas station tanks feed from the bottom so a level of phase separated material is not just sitting at the bottom. **Hopefully** the gas station sells enough gasoline to keep the fuel fresh or maybe someone keeps tabs on how long the ethanol sits in the stations tank. Government legislators and the politicians and the environmentalists are not concerned that bad ethanol can destroy Jerry's (buoymaker) new gas tank.
If I had to use ethanol, I would not let it sit in my tank before I either use it up or drain it out. The real problem for me comes when they pass the law that says I can no longer have non-ethanol gasoline. I don't want to replace my tank so in trying to think ahead, I'm looking for options.
"Adding CFM to a truck will only help at engine speeds you don't want to use." "I found there was nothing to gain beyond 400 CFM."