My (1946 Chevy) barn find was a farm truck. Hubby and I have come across some missing pieces, jimmy rigs, and Redneck ingenuity while disassembling it. Par for the course, the doors are no exception.

One of the interior panels of the door had a hardened rubber piece, or a thick felt piece, in a place or two where the arrows are - not all four [whatever they were] were present.

I'm assuming it was just a piece or two that was on both doors to make the panel fit more snug so there wasn't a rattle? At any rate - what goes here? Or what have you used here? I was contemplating using the rubber garage door strip that I used further down the door but I decided to ask first.

Also... Both thin rubber strips at the top of both doors have hardened. I have replacements, but do you have any tips on removal without just chiseling it out in a hundred pieces?
Attachments
20210320_165508.jpg (304.28 KB, 103 downloads)
20210320_165240.jpg (278.7 KB, 102 downloads)
20210320_165552.jpg (115.42 KB, 100 downloads)


1946 Chevy
Getting started on Bruno
Follow the story in the DITY Gallery
You can't buy happiness but you can buy a truck ... and that's pretty much the same thing.