Shiny? Clean?? Sheesh! The Standards in this joint! :-P Yeah I've been slowly bringing this old truck back and still have a long way to go.
No spark: pulled #1 spark plug lead and cranked engine, no spark from lead to plug. Pulled coil HT lead and cranked, no spark to engine block (1/4" away).
Negative battery terminal is connected to the frame under the floorboards immediately adjacent to battery. Prior owner used a red cable for this negative ground. Hmmm. Engine is grounded to the frame.
Don't know the part number of the new coil. NAPA issue and labeled Internal Resistor on the outside of the coil. The old coil was leaking oil and still had its external resistor but with the lead clipped off. Again, hmmmm ....
Tomorrow I'll run a long wire around from the coil into the cab and check continuity of the two wires on the ignition switch. I should probably just replace it with new to get me by until I do the new wiring harness for the entire truck. The wire to the fan/heater works (fan blows), so it's really just the other one that needs checking (or outright replacement).