I am getting a good lesson in rivet school--thank you. I want to maintain originality. I also want to properly source them and properly install them.

I do have all the original parts used with this entire assembly arm unit, from the inner cab ratchet control handle, a small piece of the old 3/32" cable, all the way out to the outer control arm and mounting bracket. I have the 8 sun-bleached amber/yellow Stimsonite #15 reflectors as well. I have a separate post on reconditioning the reflectors in General Talk.

I have been in contact with Brad Allen. He states that the rivets on his signal arm are a painted smooth round domed head on both sides.

I have been able to connect with the guy who broke down the main signal arm that I am now reconditioning. He did this about 10 years ago. He said if his memory is correct, he referred to the rivets as "blind rivets" with the nice side in the front. He does remember having to drill them out from the backside. The front head of the rivet was NOT painted. So if all this holds true for this signal arm I am reconditioning, can you set me straight on what rivets I should be using to replicate the look? It sounds to me like it was a standard pop rivet, placed with a common pop rivet gun. This is different from what Brad Allen described.

I have sent a PM to Klhansen.

Please keep pointing me in the right direction. This project is currently keeping me out of trouble. THANKS!

Luke