| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,569 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2014 Posts: 4,504 Moderator, Electrical Bay | | Moderator, Electrical Bay Joined: Mar 2014 Posts: 4,504 | Kevin, I'd think you need to recore it, but it might be able to be cleaned well. My guess is it has 3 rows, but would have to see it to be certain. If you're towing a trailer my thought is you need at least a 3 row radiator built to support higher pressure than the one made for 1950 or 1951, but others may have different ideas. I have a 3 row aluminum core with a Spal 2020 cfm fan and an aluminum shroud made by Old Air Products--fan is thermostatically controlled. The problem we have in Dallas is that summer lasts about 300 days a year and traffic can be crazy slow. I should add I'm not concerned with being period-correct as respects the radiator. If a new aluminum one works better, that's what I'll use. Good luck.
~ Jon 1952 1/2 ton with 1959 235 | T5 with 3.07 rear end
| | |
| |
| |