Happy New Year all!

So I picked up this Radiator inexpensively at a local swap meet years ago. Just getting ready to get it checked for leaks (pretty sure it has some). But in doing more research it might not be the right radiator to use.

I plan to use a stock small block 400CI, so no crazy HP, just regular compression, but low end torque, so cooling should not be taxed. Dual electric fans from a Pruis (left over from kids fender bender smile. I do plan to tow a small RV trailer with this truck.

This an original Harrison #3118967 with a date of 50M, Dec 1950? How many rows does it have and will it support towing? I just checked the inlets/outlets and the SBC hoses will not fit. So to get this rad usable for a V8 and towing, I would have to recore and get larger inlet/outlets?

Sounds like a lot of work versus buying a repro radiator made for a V8. Thoughts?

ps, the bottom metal brace has some rust, so I took off the side supports to fab a new bottom.
Attachments
Rad 51.jpg (444.39 KB, 182 downloads)
Rad tank.jpg (319.85 KB, 181 downloads)


1951 Chevy 3100
"Project for my Wife" - Jigsaw Puzzle
1969 Camaro SS350 convertible
1969 Camaro 327 convertible