Originally Posted by randy w.
Hi 69 Cuda no it has a single rear end, I checked this morning to see what I come up with if I do 2 full rotations of the tire and the drive shaft turned 7.20 or somewhere in that neighborhood. So that's where I'm at, my plan is to make the orange beast a fifth wheel hauler, so first I'll up grade the braking system and then install a ranger torque splitter. I might be on the road next year sometime. I was looking for numbers on the rear axle and after scraping 60 yrs of gunk off I found some on the face plate where the drive shaft enters they don't seem to agree with the 59 specs, the # is 3758220 might be a part # for all I know

Randy, my plan was the same, you wont get very far trying to upgrade parts because there isnt anything bolt in thats available as far as i know (spent the last 4 months scouring google & this site) also ranger overdrive units are discontinued. I tried to order one last week 1/13/2021. contacted advance adapters they informed me that it was no longer being produced. Stuck in the same boat you are. So i picked up a kodiak 4500 as the frame matched up quite well to my stock frame, 6.6 duramax,power steering, 4w power disc brakes and highway capability. Should be interesting when it comes time to line everything up though, goodluck! And if you change out your axles f+r make sure you save the hubs and drums and shoes and all the hardware wheel cylinders etc!! Some guys on here would kill for some of those parts since none of it is reproduced. Even if the wheel cyls are junk they can be rebuilt so save it all!


THE BLACK VIKING
1958 Viking 60 ~ my new toy hauler
My Current fleet: 1954 chevy 3800, 1953/4 gmc 450 coleman 4x4, 1956 chevy pickup, 1958 Viking 60
Keep 'em rollin fellas!