I am 17 years old and I am restoring a 51 ½ ton and I am restoring it stock, except for a few modifications (3.55 ring and pinion, dual master cylinder, and ball studs removed on all steering parts). I have the stock engine and 4 spd SM420 ready to be put in also. I just want to get it running right now so I have something to drive. But I am thinking later on down the line. I have recently been reading a lot of posts on crate engines, frame swaps, and other modern upgrades. I am looking for a lot of good information on what works as far as engines (crate engines), manual transmissions that fit these engines, and also the upgraded rear end and suspension (front and rear). I have already searched for and read a lot of information on this on the stovebolt, but does anyone have or know of where I could find good webshots or other photo sites that document things like engine swap, suspension upgrade, and frame swap? I am glad that I am familiar and competent with almost every aspect of my stock truck now, but I was a newbie to restoration about 3 years ago. I learned on a 53 Allis Chalmers tractor, and I have continued to learn by tearing apart and rebuilding this 51, and reading as much as possible about it, especially the service manual. But unlike the majority of you guys here, I have no experience with the things I mentioned above and I would appreciate any good information, or links, for a starting point in all these modifications to make the “guts” more modern.