| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,127 Posts1,056,357 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | maybe i should stay out of this conversation but......
Back in my teen hot rod racing days I ran some trailer tires on my 56 Chevy and loved the trailer tires when they were just about worn slick......I called them my "cheater slicks" and they were 6 ply. A couple sets of them served me well back then.
....then a few years later the topic came up and I learned, at that time, the tire manufacturers were going to quit making tires in "car sizes". I think at that time the trailer tires were in 1/2 sizes so they didn't fit a production car rim.
Its been 57 years since those days so maybe my mind is a little confused?!!!? | | |
| |
| |