I'm putting the finishing touches on the pump drive- - - -it's basically a shortened version of the drive shaft used on a small block V8 or a V6. I made a stub housing and a flange to bolt the 250 oil pump into the same bracket the stovebolt pump uses, with the single setscrew and lock nut like the original pump uses. The oil gallery that connects to the pan is plugged, and either a 54 or early 55 235 oil pan can be used, or the spray-oiler plumbing can be removed from a 216 pan. There will be a slight rerouting of the inlet and outlet tubing for the original pump, but it looks like the original pickup screen will work with a little modification. I believe the spray-oiler engine could probably be adapted to run the same pump. Now, that would really be radical- - - -a 216 with oil pressure!
Jerry