I agree with Jerry that the original wheels should be no problem, so long as they're in good condition. If the local tire shop won't change them and you don't have access to a truck/farm shop, you can change them yourself. That of course depends on your physical strength and ability to swing a duck-bill hammer to break the bead. In my youth, I changed many of them as the feed company yard had more than its share of nails. As low man on the totem pole I got to change all of them. We did not have a cage so two lengths of 3/8" chain and a couple of bolts were the safety. Oh, and a clip-on air chuck for inflating. We did not have any Chevrolet trucks so I was never faced with the Firestone wheel problem. All but one were Budd wheels. The one was a Mack with Dayton wheels that I hated for a variety of reasons.
It seems to me that changing over wheels when you don't have to is a lot of unnecessary work and expense. Heavy-service 10.00x20 tires are still available.