78buckshot,
I thought about that and I think it would work. But I was going to try to see if anybody knew of some more recent medium duty trucks that used a similar 2 cylinder drum brake setup that I could just purchase a prebent tube. I know that there is likely one out there, but the parts stores in this area require a specific model and year to find a part--unfortunately no mom and pop places with an old guy willing to walk in the back and pull random parts off the shelf until a suitable one was found. I was also considering making some type of a tighter bend radius tool that could get an approximately 3/4 bend radius on the the 1/4 tubing without crimping line--this looks to be about the correct dimension of the tubes presently on it. I went and measured and the length of the lines are approximately 16" long with 7/16"-24 inverted flare nuts on each end. But as I mentioned before, if there was one available from an 1980's era dump truck that was say 22" long, I would just bend an "S" shape in the middle to take up any excess.
Last edited by lcc123; 09/16/2020 5:52 PM.