| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
3 members (BC59, cmayna, Peggy M),
144
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,095 Posts1,056,475 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2000 Posts: 199 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2000 Posts: 199 | I see where it is said the difference between the 12 and 6 volt starters coincides with the flywheel tooth count. Why would I have 2 1954 trucks (apparently original with 6V everything) with the higher tooth count flywheels and smaller diameter gears on the starters that match with black tags not red?
Can I get the “12 volt” starter rebuilt to 6 v specifications so I don’t have to swap my clutch and flywheel? I know I can swap the truck to 12v. I just don’t feel like it!
Thanks. | | |
| |
| |