Interesting! Since the Mercruiser engines run well in boats, I assume GM and/or Mercury has solved the balance problems. I'll probably go with the original flywheel, and do some adapting to put a manual clutch and pressure plate onto it. That will probably require spacing the bellhousing back a little to accommodate a friction disc for the clutch disc to engage. I've got a Model A engine that I'm thinking about adapting to some type of overhead cam 4 cylinder head and insert-type rod and main bearings.
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!