Here is a page from the 1948 Owners Manual, (I don’t think 4-way wrenches were an offering during the AD years). I have only seen this type of lug wrench in trucks and then only a couple. I believe these tools were loose under there as well, small stuff in a bag the other most likely wrapped in an old blanket or shirt.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/advance-design_parts_co/50175790437/in/album-72157631872034068/
Large truck wrench (in 32 trucks I found three).
https://www.flickr.com/photos/advance-design_parts_co/15217351364/in/album-72157631868452754/
Small truck tools/jack, no lug wrench.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/advance-design_parts_co/8129502216/in/album-72157631868452754/
This is a page from a GMC Accessories Order Pad (November 1952). Interestingly it shows 5 hydraulic jacks available but no mention of tools?
https://www.flickr.com/photos/advance-design_parts_co/50256424181/in/album-72157631872034068/
Trucks came with a green canvas bag and tools as shown, cars came with a variety of patterns, similar tools.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/advance-design_parts_co/45897210474/in/album-72157631868452754/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/advance-design_parts_co/49251242433/in/album-72157631868452754/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/advance-design_parts_co/49251919687/in/album-72157631868452754/
Early cars and trucks came with more tools as roadside repairs were the norm, these are 1930’s vintage.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/advance-design_parts_co/37923024185/in/album-72157631868452754/
Task-Force sets come in a plastic pouch and are significantly more rare than AD and earlier versions, this set sold for $1,000+.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/advance-design_parts_co/32484087542/in/album-72157631868452754/