Hello All,
I purchased the rack and pinion unit from No-Limit right after they came out. Installation was pretty straight forward. The rack bolts to the straight axle with 3 u-bolts. The steering arms that came with the kit were big and beefy. The kit also had a slip steering shaft and joint. Bolted right up to my ididit steering column.
BUT (yep there is a but), I had problems with the steering shaft hitting the header on drivers side (V-8). The only solution was to cut the header apart and make it wrap around the steering shaft. Since I'm a lazy SOB, and I didn't want to cut my header apart, I took off the rack and pinion and went back to regular power steering. I believe the rack and pinion would be great for a straight six. It would be another alternative for someone who wanted to retain the straight axle.
Big Mike