| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,111 Posts1,056,244 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2002 Posts: 2,168 A teacher, but always an apprentice. | | A teacher, but always an apprentice. Joined: Apr 2002 Posts: 2,168 | Thinking about swapping the stock lm7 cam for a comp cams 54-424-11 cam. Here are its specs: Basic Operating RPM Range: 1,400-6,700 Intake Duration at 050 inch Lift: 212 Exhaust Duration at 050 inch Lift: 218 Duration at 050 inch Lift: 212 int./218 exh. Advertised Intake Duration: 265 Advertised Exhaust Duration: 271 Advertised Duration: 265 int./271 exh. Intake Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio: 0.558 in. Exhaust Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio: 0.563 in. Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio: 0.558 int./0.563 exh. Lobe Separation (degrees): 115 Camshaft Gear Attachment: 3-bolt
I am wondering what this will do to the vacuum and if it will affect a brake booster significantly?
I just want to pep this engine up a bit.
Thoughts? Critiques? Suggestions?
Thanks Bolters. I know I’m in good hands here. | | |
| |
| |