Thank you! Good info, Doc. I'm taking screenshots of everyone's advice and adding them to the photo album I made for restoration. I figured that was the easiest way to keep track.
I've wanted a truck since HS but when I saw a green '46 at a car show in Washington, Indiana last summer I knew that was what I'd keep looking for. I really lucked out! We drove [5hrs one way] 2wknds ago to check him out. Hubby crawled all over and underneath - any rust is surface rust. I got the gentleman down on the price a little, and we drove back this past Sunday and got him. ðŸ˜
My grandpa was a master carpenter and was always restoring something [to its original beauty]. I really enjoy looking at the immaculate rebuilds but, for me, I knew it had to be original/patina. I'm anxious to get started on the bed too. I'm currently trying to figure out how to get the dirt and debri out from between the planks w/o damaging the wood. It would be sooo easy with an air compressor or a power washer. Haha
1946 Chevy Getting started on Bruno Follow the story in the DITY Gallery You can't buy happiness but you can buy a truck ... and that's pretty much the same thing.