| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (NAPCOStormTrpr, 1955 1 Series, joe apple, klhansen, GRNHydra, DBJ71SuperCustom, dt235sd, Opelika Tom),
84
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,079 Posts1,056,286 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2019 Posts: 131 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2019 Posts: 131 | So after tinkering for six months I had the old girl ready for her first drive after 50 years on blocks. Shifting first to second went fine but it locked up in second gear. It was stuck there so I removed the top cover and forced it into neutral so I could tow it back to the garage. I put the shifter back on and it shifted fine from reverse to first but then locked up in second again. Any ideas? I have an extra transmission I could try but I'm a little nervous about dealing with the torque tube. I have discovered that at some point someone replaced the original engine with a 1952 (according to the casting number). The casting number on the existing tranny is 590874 and the potential replacement is 590822. From my research they are both '37-'39 chev truck transmissions. So is there an easy fix for the locking issue or should I swap trannys and learn to deal with the torque tube. Does it seem the other tranny will fit? Fortunately it's up on a lift so I don't have to do this laying on the floor. I'm an amateur at this whole deal but I'm having fun learning and appreciate all the help I've already gotten here.
Last edited by '37 barn find; 05/16/2020 2:07 AM. Reason: wrong word
| | |
| |
| |