Originally Posted by miraclepieco
Everything you carry in your cab becomes a lethal projectile in the event of a crash! My tool kit consists of and can of Fix-A-Flat and a cell phone to call my insurance company's Roadside Assistance number.
Your warning is good advice - thanks.
My trip kit is carried in a large, strong, covered, plastic bin behind the third row seat in my Suburban.

My trip tools/kit are carried in the storage bin under the floor opening under the seat bottom-frame in my pickup.

In neither case would the tools become lethal projectiles (I think/hope).

Of course, you referred to carrying tools/etc "in your cab" becoming lethal projectiles. I agree.

I store my cell phone in my pocket, or in a belt-mounted carrying-case, or on the seat/floor. I will hereafter not carry it on the seat. Thanks for the warning.

I think a GPS unit dashboard suction mount would fly loose in a crash? I use a floor console mount - it could become a "projectile" in a crash.

A friend of mine carries a waterproof heavy-duty, locked trip kit/box securely bolted to the bed floor.

Your warning is good advice - thanks.

Last edited by tclederman; 05/06/2020 11:23 AM.