If this is set up like most other GM pumps, the housing around the pump can be swapped to a new/rebuilt pump. The pumps inside the housings are all the same. There is a big o-ring around the pump at the front edge of the housing. It can be tough to get the housing off and back on, care must be used to seat the o-ring properly but it can be done without exotic tools, I have done it many times.

Can you post a picture of the pump so I can sure I am talking about the right thing?

The one on my '69 T-50 with a 350 has a remote reservoir and is of this type. The reservoir is at the top edge of the pic.
Attachments
Engine Left.jpg (62.01 KB, 129 downloads)


Mac :{)

1962 K10 short step side, much modified for rally
1969 T50 fire truck, almost nos, needs a few things