Originally Posted by klhansen
I doubt that the welded bracket above where the shock is now mounted is the original. It would likely be a stamped steel bracket riveted to the frame. I'd guess it would be very similar to the shock mounts on an AD truck. See attached pic.
You may be right, just seeing that the brackets are identical on both sides and have the oblong hole in them lead me to believe they might be original. Looking at the pics closer I can see where the frame inside boxed area has been torched on both sides so quite a bit of cobbling has been done to this poor thing.
If you look close at the pic Gord posted it looks like the upper mount is a bolt through like the bottom so the shocks on there presently probably don't belong.

Last edited by DaveMcK38; 04/20/2020 2:33 PM.

38 Chevy 1/2 ton being resto-moded
65 AC Cobra replica
USAF vet