Originally Posted by dgrinnan
I bought my front shocks from NAPA. I wen to their web page and they actually had a listing for the available shocks to fit my 54 3100.
But the OP has a 3/4 ton, which don't appear on many listings (old truck vendors, mainly).

Originally Posted by DaveMcK38
To me, the front looks like it has the same type of weld as the rear. I still think that the rear was probably the original but its hard to tell due to the bracket being bent and missing a chunk.
I couldn't tell if the front mount was welded from the pic. But you may be right about the rear mount being original, as it doesn't look as redneck as the one the shock is connected to. It's a formed bracket of some sort, but I would have expected it to be riveted if original. ohwell


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.