I searched but did not see the issue that I've just experienced. My 54 3100 had recently "burnt off it's starter wire" from the battery to the starter. I just thought it was too small, because it looked the part, and bought a big 'ole original wire. But when I put in on, the wire got so hot I had a small flame at the starter switch. That switch was apparently bad (I did not realize that) and I wonder if I've done damage to the coil or the starter itself. The old starter is original I think, and I've taken it off along with the little ruined switch. thinking of having the starter rebuilt, and I have to replace the starter switch. What did I ruin? I appreciate any pointers and advice.

By the way, the bigger wire I thought was going to help me get the truck to turn over faster and start up without starter fluid.

Thanks for any hints


54 Chevy wanting to be daily driver