I ride in the hills outside Portland, Oregon to lose weight and seek silence. There are still a number of 1950 and 1960 farm trucks out in the fields, rusting into the hills... I spotted this truck and watched it for some time thinking it would be cool to restore. I saw the owner on one of my rides and I asked if he was just trying to torcher people or if the truck was for sale. He says he is about to retire and was willing to sell it for cash, today... I could not say yes fast enough. That was in February before the Covid lockdown. The truck was literally in 6 inches of water. 15 years of sitting in swampy ground, maybe 20, had done some damage. Anyway, here are the starting pictures. The body is not too bad but almost every bolt on it needs to be snapped or cut off. Seems it will be a frame off restoration, mostly original if all goes well. Thanks ahead of time for all the input from the Forum members as I will have a lot of questions. I have never done more than power train swaps and simple doors, etc....
1960 C20 Apache Step Side Long Bed Beautiful eyes hooked me, and what a great ……