My suggestion is to first determine what you will be using your truck for - and be sure of that.

For example, I have a Vette front suspension on my 57 1/2 ton with the dual piston calipers and matching master cylinder. It's just fine since I basically use it as a car - meaning I don't haul anything of weight with it. And I wouldn't.

I am still building my 41 3/4 ton (5 yrs. now - I'm slow) and I am building it for weight. Consequently, I installed a brake system equal to a 3/4 or 1 ton truck. Take care in designing your brake system - nothing more important. Bore of master cylinder, brake lines, wheel cylinders all need to match. If the bore of your master cylinder is not large enough for your wheel cylinders, you will not be supplying enough fluid to activate the brakes properly - even if you have adjusted properly. So you end up hitting the brake pedal twice- - - - not what you want!


~ Victor
1941 3/4-Ton Pickup (in process). Read about it in the DITY Gallery
1955 Grumman Kurbside "Doughboy" 235/3 on tree w/ OD
1957 3100 - moved on
1959 C4500 Short Bus "Magic Bus" - moved on
1959 G3800 1 Ton Dually "Chief" - moved on
1958 C4400 Viking "Thor" ~ moved on to fellow Bolter