After looking at the T-5 set up and having to go through finding a used V-8 unit then a tail shaft and still having a trans that is weak.
I gave Jeff ( owner) of Classic Chevy a call. WAY more helpful than Keisler Auto. ( see note at end) He went though all items I would need and after talking with him it was VERY clear that he was intested in making sure that I was getting the correct product. Price wise 2595 for the TKO 600 that is geared for my 3.73 rear gear.
I guess I have a hard time wanting to buy a used T-5 trans that may or may not need a re build plus all the hassel of finding one and then the other parts needed. Having the speedo work and be correct another issue solved with the new trans. Best price I could find in 4 states around me was 700 for a used trans, plus the tail shaft at 250, plus a re build kit for the trans I was into the trans too much and knowing that it would still break if I abused it. So the choice was made to use the TKO unit.
I will be happy to let you guys know how it goes and how easy ( or not) it is to install and how it works once done.
Side note " Keisler" gave them a call first and it was very clear that they are more intstrested in getting your credit card number and that was it. Very rude not willing to answer hardly any questions on the trans. Basicly read the instructions, figure it out for your self. Which really is all fine and good as we fab bikes every day so building a cross member or what ever needs to be done will not be a issue but still NO way would I spend one dime with them. As a owner of a shop (myslef) they really could use some lesson's in customer service.
As for C/C I give them a thumbs up. ( and they are a little bit more money not that it matters)
Customer service is what we do best here and what C/C is offering.
As for the call I just phoned,... had no idea who I was speaking to asked for nothing more than info about my set up and he spent 45 minutes going all the items that could be a problem, speedo calibration, drive shaft, shifter location, clutch type I would need. On and on REALLY a very nice experiance.
Can't wait to get my new trans installed and see how nice it will be a over drive close ratio shifts. The motor will be dynoed here as I am swapping cams. With up grades to the heads and new cam looking for 400hp ( motor is 350 hp currently)