Alright here we go. First off, the hardware kit Napa found was part number 2314 and was not correct. Springs were too long and the Maxi-pack didn't have the pins or other associated hardware. Back to square one. I will run the H9200 part number to ground for comparison.

Attached you will find a photo of the front hardware in question for the 5k lb axle. I apologize as I have no photo of it assembled, I got overzealous and didn't take photos on disassembly. I do not yet have the rear wheels/drums off as I am waiting to get the fronts back together. Call it a bad setup that requires two corners be grounded at all times and chocked in pace.

Secondly I traced the line. Surprisingly, its a second line to the hydro-vac. Refer to the photos attached. It is a larger 5/16" line that juts out the side of the master reservoir, then runs adjacent to the primary 1/4" line back to the hydro-vac. In the photos, the red is that second, larger line and the blue is the primary, smaller line. The blue connects into the back of the hydro-vac by the diaphragm, and then pops out the top of the hydro-vac at the end of the piston and immediately connects into the frame where it T's off to fronts and rears. The larger 5/16" line leaves the tip of the hydro-vac piston and doubles back to the master. Im assuming its a high pressure return line? Also none of this follows my books, so I am assuming the setup is not factory?

Due to this, I either need to return the new master I have for a single piston with a second outlet model, or keep it and replace the hydro-vac with an appropriate unit that is only a 2 line unit. Any advice? Hydro-vac is at minimum getting rebuilt.

*EDIT*
Additionally, the hydro-vac is not factory original. It has a "reman" sticker on it so this is a later life replacement. Im wondering if previous owner overhauled the system at the time of replacement to a different hydro-vac and opted for the additional line and different master. Again, no master I have yet seen that is factory for these trucks runs this two outlet setup.

Another point of contention: before being ripped apart, this sucker stopped, and I mean STOPPED on a dime (or rather skidded). It took an extremely feather foot on the brakes to not lock them up, even after adjusting the pedal for travel. I chocked it up to rolling around empty, but I now wonder if the system was upgraded for better stopping power under load.

*EDIT* *EDIT*
Hydro-vac is a rebuilt unit of the "Prior Rebuilder" company out of Garland TX. Tag reads:
22BBM
2501850
Digging into that now to determine application of this specif hydro-vac unit.
Attachments
screenshot1.JPG (103.02 KB, 167 downloads)
screenshot2.JPG (82.14 KB, 163 downloads)
screenshot3.JPG (334.81 KB, 165 downloads)
screenshot4.JPG (189.54 KB, 163 downloads)
screenshot5.JPG (65 KB, 166 downloads)

Last edited by HFfarms; 03/03/2020 3:26 AM.

1964 Chevrolet C60 Real Farm Truck
in Gallery Forum