Well, I've gone and done it now! I've up-graded my "54" 1/2 ton by installing Patrick's 3:55 to1 ring&pinion, added the modified 2-ring Saginaw, rebuilt the 235 with a 3/4 mild cam, ballanced it, hardened the valves, added the dual intake&exaust manifoldes..... Now..... to time it! The carbs where built as a pair with the # 57 jets replaced with #51's. I haven't done anything with the power valve springs yet. I'm still trying to find its sweet spot in timing. I've been told by some that the vaccuum advance unit is no longer useful and I've tried timing it with and w/o but even at 20 degrees advanced, it still stumbles off the dime. Me thinks I'm dealing with too many variables at once here for me to see a clear path to a good tune. Any advice?? Timmer,you where wise to sneak up on your project in stages.