Originally posted by tonys 54 gmc 1/2 ton:
will i need to narrrow a 77 firebird front sub frame?
Is there a link to one that anyone knows of with pictures and imfo?
I have a 73 Camaro clip in my 53. I think that's the same as the Firebird. It works great. I have 15 X 5 aftermarket Ralley wheels on the front with 205/75/15 tires. My truck sets pretty low. The tire does rub the fender brace when I'm in a tight turn like turning in my driveway, which is also slightly up hill.
I put a MII in my 48 and think that's a nice clean setup. It's still a project so I can't say how good it works, but I do like the wheels sitting further in the fenders.
I was sold on the MII after I put one in my 34. I went from a drop axle to MII and the car drives 100% better and feels safer. MII parts are here to stay and are in half of the streetrods you see.
Just my opinion.