Well the thread did start out on how to make power with a 235. As far as how much Leo spent to make his 292 go fast I don't know. Is making power with a big block cheaper than with a six? Maybe. I was at the track when Leo beat a big block Chevelle with is 292 53 Chevy. Priceless.
As someone who helped Leo back when he was building his Chevy and a Stovebolter with a stovebolt in his old truck I can say that I think it would be kind of boring if everone thought the only way to make power was with a big block. The same goes for my truck. I could probably build a 350/350 cheaper than my 261/T-5 but I see way to many of these at shows already. When I decide I need more power than I have now with my 261 I will probably add a turbo.
Leo has raced six cylinders for a number of years starting with 235's and his 53 Chevy was a car he had back in high school. I'm glad somone is doing research on how to get power out of sixes and having fun doing it. As far as going to extremes, isn't that what drag racing is all about? How fast is fast enough? Just a little faster.
I even like to see the rice burners at the strip. Saturday night and kids showing up wanting to race their street 4 bangers. This is good American fun. If some build their rice burners to the hilt, well again, going to extremes is what racing is about.
The thing I don't get about drag racing is building a powerful big block and than having a computer cut it out halfway down the track so you don't break out of your time.
Just my 2 cents