I want to keep the 235 in my 61, but I would like to build the truck a little bit more for the street. I want to lower it a bit (2 inches), get some nice classic rims (cragars or something like that), headers (fentons), dual exhaust (with 40 series flowmasters), a new back bumper (stock white painted), and a t-5 transmission.

But my main query is how does one go about building a 235? Is it possible to build one that can rev a little bit and handle quick shifting and that kind of abuse. I want to have a single 4 barrell carb, and other than that I am in the dark. Have any of you built a 235 for the sreet, or am i [censored]' into the wind on this one?

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.


"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton

My Machine